Minor mothers

A minor mother is a girl who gave birth to a child while being younger than 18 years old. If the mother is in Germany without her parents or she is an unaccompanied minor refugee (UMF), then she and her child will be given a guardian. The guardian is a person from the youth welfare office. The mother and child do not have the same person as a guardian. The guardians represent the child and the minor mother in legal matters. This person takes responsibility for them in all areas of life. For example, the guardian of the mother takes important decisions after consultation with her guardian. If the parents of the minor mother are there, they can be the guardian for the child. The meetings with the guardian take place once a month. The youth welfare office or the social service also help if the mother has questions about finding a place to live, schooling or training with a child.

 24 total views,  2 views today

Written by 

Related posts

Leave a Comment

WordPress Cookie Plugin by Real Cookie Banner